Is a cost-effective and powerful ecosystem to send and receive internet live streams with high quality. At its core, it is a simple to use streaming server sending RTMP streams to any server and receiving HLS streams. So simple to use that anyone with a smartphone can operate the server. The ecosystem build around made it ready to be used in large-scale installations, e.i., it can be automated via an API, remotely manageable via saltstack, and monitored via Prometheus/Grafana. Try the ready-to-use images for the Raspberry PI 4.
Live Video Streaming
- RTMP: High-quality HD streams via RTMP to any RTMP Server (Youtube, Nginx, Wowza, iptv.nac.org)
- HDMI/Analog Sources: Stream any HDMI or analog video source by using an off the shelf video grabber (Camlink, Macrosilicon, Auvidea B101, Hauppauge)
Video Stream Receiver
- HLS Receive: Receive any video stream and display it localy via HLS streams.
Easy to Use & Remote Managable
- Web-Based Operations: Operate the server via a simplistic web-based admin panel.
- Easy to Use: Or use the hardware buttons. Thus anyone can operate the server without any technical expertise.
- Powerful API: A powerful API allows remote control of all instances in your local or large-scale installation.
OpenSource / Cost Efficient
- OpenSource: Free to use by everyone. Just download it and run it locally or use the prebuild image for the RaspberryPi. We programmed the Hai-End streaming server in Python and used leading open-source frameworks, including GStreamer, Janus, and vue.js.
- Feature Driven: We have an ambitious roadmap with lots of planned features.
- Join us: Get in touch with us and join the project by simply dropping us a message or a merge request.
- Mark I: Raspberry PI (in use): Based on the cost-efficient RPI4. Download our prebuild image. You can find a complete list of our used hardware in the FAQ
- Mark II: 19" Cased Raspberry PI (under construction): We currently construct a 19"-1HE rack-mountable device based on the RaspberryPI CM4, including all necessary hardware, in a single box.
- Mark III: 19" Upgraded HW (planned): Based on more powerful hardware than the RPI4, an extended feature set can be realized.
Made for Large Scale
- Fleet: Manage a large fleet of hardware boxes by a remote management console.
- API: Automate the PIs to start and receive streams via a REST API.
- Ecosystem: We use VPN, Saltstack, Prometheus, and Grafana for easy access and management of each remote installation.